Thursday, October 13, 2011

Update from Winston

Good morning everyone! Right now it's Thursday morning and Jonathan has settled down in a comfortable apartment near the Medical Center. The goal this week is to simply rest, let the medicine do its work, and take it easy.  Unfortunately, doctors instructed him to be hyper-vigilant about coming into contact with a lot of people because he is very susceptible to infection right now. They won't even let him shave with a razor AND even Cointa had to limit interaction with him because she had a cold! So, before you drive all the way to Houston to visit, remember he probably can't see visitors!

It's amazing to watch the notes and messages come in from all over the world, literally. From Sweden to Afghanistan and everywhere in between, people are sending encouragement to Jonathan! Sometimes you don't realize the extent of your own influence in the world until word spreads that help is needed to rally behind you! I know many of these messages can't be personally responded to but please know I am reading them/posting them/forwarding them to the best of my ability! Keep em coming!!! And as always I will have more information as it becomes available.

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Friendship has got to be the best medicine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. COL.1:29 I CAN DO NOTHING IN MY OWN STRENGTH - INSTEAD, I LABOR, STRUGGLING WITH ALL HIS ENERGY, WHICH WORKS POWERFULLY IN ME.

    Have a restful day today...cuddled in the arms of your Savior!

    Love you!

    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Lord, please calm the seas in my life, but don't stop the rain so that I might grow."
    (Jesse Holley, WR for Dallas Cowboys,...from Twitter page)

    Have a super day today, Jonathan! You better be cheering for the Cowboys on Sunday!

    xxoo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Johnathan, I just heard the news and am in shock. You will be in my prayers and I know that God uses even these difficult times as opportunities to show his Love. I know it has been years since we have talked but I remember you as a man of strong Faith. Keep that Faith and you will be alright.
    Your friend, Laura Adare

    ReplyDelete